By Monique Washington

CHARLESTOWN, Nevis — Two MUA students were seriously injured after an explosion at an apartment complex providing student accommodations in Potworks Village. The injured students were taken to the Alexander Hospital.

On Wednesday evening at about 8:30 p.m. a loud explosion was heard as far as two miles away at New Castle. The Observer arrived on the scene after 9 p.m. Several students were standing outside the housing complex.

A fire truck, ambulance, police and Nevis Electricity were all on site. The Observer questioned students living in the complex, who said two students were in a back apartment, one was cooking and the other was studying when the stove blew up. Both students were in their fifth semester. A fellow student rushed them to Alexander Hospital.