Hydrogen peroxide finds uses in many walks of life. It is a very potent oxidizer. It is created by the effect of sunlight on water and also honey. This is odorless and colorless. However, it is not tasteless. If stored in the proper conditions, it turns out to be a stable compound. In the absence of light and contaminants, it breaks down at the rate of 10% per year.
35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide is used to spray inside of foil line containers to use for food storage. This is known as the aseptic packaging system. It is used for the production of foods like eggs, cheese and whey-products. The 35% Technical Grade Hydrogen Peroxide is used for waste water treatment and the disinfection of cosmetics, potable water and laundry applications. This may also include some quantity of phosphorus to neutralize any chlorine in the water.
The 35% Standard Grade Hydrogen Peroxide is majorly used for bleaching in the pulp and paper industry, the textile industry, environmental process (detoxification and deodorization) and oxidation reactions in the chemical industry. This is also used for waste water treatment. This also contains stabilizers, additives and impurities. This should not be ingested.
Hydrogen peroxide is assumed to be the greatest healing miracles.
* it kills cancer cells by providing more oxygen than that can be tolerated
* soaking an affected body part in peroxide can lead to tumors to separate from the body. These can then be wiped away
* drinking hydrogen peroxide can decrease the size of throat tumors
* due to raised level of atmospheric pollution, more amounts of hydrogen peroxide react with air-borne toxins and do not reach the ground. So, farmers increase crop yields by spraying them with diluted hydrogen peroxide. 5 to 16 ounces of 35% is mixed with 20 gallons of water per acre. A similar effect can be produced in house plants by adding 16 drops of 35% hydrogen peroxide to each quart of water.
* it can also be used as a good safe insecticide by spraying the plants with 8 ounces of 3% peroxide mixed with 8 ounces of white sugar and one gallon of water
* it is needed for several chemical reactions that occur in the body
* Vitamin C produces hydrogen peroxide and assists in fighting infections. This stimulates the production of prostaglandins
* Lactobacillus found in the colona and vagina give rise to hydrogen peroxide. This annihilates the harmful bacteria and viruses and prevents colon disease, bladder infections, vaginitis and other usual ailments
* it is one of the components that enable to control the amount of oxygen reaching the cells
* it is also essential for the production of thyroid hormone and sexual hormones
* the production of interferon is increased
* the blood vessels in the heart and brain are dilated
* athletes use hydrogen peroxide to increase stamina
* there are some reports that this has cured prostate, melanoma and mesothelioma cancer
* some organizations claim that it can cure ailments like cancer, AIDS and arthritis. However, use of hydrogen peroxide for these reasons has caused deaths and serious injuries
* Hydrogen peroxide is the singular germicidal agent comprising of water and oxygen. Thus, oxygen can be taken internally in the form of hydrogen peroxide. Due to this, microorganisms in the body like arthritis, cancer, hives, ulcers can be controlled.
* 1 pint of 35% hydrogen peroxide can be used in a full tub of water and maintained for minimum half an hour, while taking a bath
* 2 quarts of 35% hydrogen peroxide is used in a Jacuzzi or hot tub. After a shower, it is possible to soak a washcloth with 3% hydrogen peroxide and move it all over the body
* it can be used as a disinfectant and in rocketry and bipropellant systems
* when the products are injected intravenously these lead to blood vessel inflammation, bubbles in blood vessels and life-threatening allergic reactions
* Hydrogen peroxide vapor when combined with decolonization of staff and patient carriers efficiently controlled an outbreak of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus MRSA