(Continued from last week)
How to floss
• Break off about 18 inches of floss, and wind most of it around one of your middle fingers.
• Wind the remaining floss around the same finger of the other hand. This finger will take up the floss as it becomes used.
• Hold the floss tightly (without any slack) between your two hands, with about an inch of floss between them. Guide the floss between your teeth using a gentle sawing motion.
• When the floss reaches the gumline, curve it into a C-shape against the tooth. Gently slide it into the space between the gum and the tooth until you feel resistance.
• Hold the floss against the tooth. Gently scrape the side of the tooth, moving the floss away from the gum.
Repeat this technique on all of your teeth, including the teeth in back.
If you have questions write to
Ask the Dentist
P.O. Box 981