By Monique Washington
Rumors that the Four Seasons Resort Nevis is closing during the slow tourist season are false according to Harrison Liu, director of public relations and communications.
The peak of the Tourism Seasons runs from November to April.The Observer questioned Liu via email on Tuesday and he responded that the allegations are not true.On Thursday, The Observer attempted to contact Edward Gannon, the resort’s general manager but did not receive a response.
“These rumours are baseless and Four Seasons Resort Nevis will continue to operate and welcome visitors to our great Federation into the future,” Liu said in his email response.
Several local hotels have closed down until next month during the off-season. Two hotels, the Nisbett Plantation Inn, and the Montpelier Plantation and Beach Clubwill reopen Oct. 8.
Last week, the Four Seasonsoffered a guest with reservations from Aug. 25 throughNov. 15 a“Peace of Mind Guarantee.”
“The offer applies when a tropical storm watch or warning, or hurricane watch or warning, is issued by the National Hurricane Center for one of the destinations,” the Four Seasons statement says. “Guests may choose to be re-accommodated for the same dates of travel and for a similar room category at the same rate originally booked. Guests must show proof of airfare payment and change fees when they arrive to the resort to receive the resort credit to the amount of the change fee up to US$500 per person. The Peace of Mind Guarantee is available to guests with existing reservations or any new bookings for this period of travel.
In 2008, hurricane Omar damaged the resortand caused the hotel to close for two years. Hundreds of employees lost their jobs. The hotel reopened in December, 2010 with all 196 rooms outfitted with new furniture, fixtures and fittings.