NIA announces financial assistance guidelines for tertiary education
From the NIA
CHARLESTOWN, Nevis – The following is an announcement from the Ministry of Human Resources in the Nevis Island Administration regarding financial assistance for tertiary education:
The Ministry of Human Resources in the Nevis Island Administration is pleased to inform that we are now receiving applications for financial assistance. Financial assistance is funding approved by the NIA to an applicant in order to partially support higher education studies.
The significance of financial assistance is measured by the government’s priority areas, the individual’s professional development, the strategic objectives of the country and the contribution the individual’s education will make to the wider community.
An individual may apply for financial assistance whether or not the individual is employed by the Nevis Island Administration. Please see the following guidelines for applications to be considered:
- A cover letter addressed to the permanent secretary, Ministry of Human Resources, requesting financial assistance. The letter should also state the following:
- Course of study
- Why do you wish to undergo the specified field of education and how such training influences your professional development
- How will your professional development contribute to the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis
- Expected duration of studies and commencement date
2. An original university acceptance letter
3. A breakdown of course fees from the respective university
4. A completed application form
Please note that applications must be delivered to the Ministry of Human Resources by May 31. For additional guidance or to request an application form, visit or contact the Ministry of Human Resources at 469-5521.