The International Labour Organization (ILO) Decent Work Team and Office for the Caribbean will host a virtual roundtable dialogue on the socio-economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The tripartite discussion will include regional governments, employers’ and workers’ organizations as well as other stakeholders. It will focus on how the crisis is affecting the world of work in the Caribbean, and explore solutions.
Featured speakers will include:
- Ms Claudia Coenjaerts, Director, ILO Decent Work Team and Office for the Caribbean
- Mr Vinícius Carvalho Pinheiro, Director, ILO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean
- The Hon. Vance Amory, Minister, Ministry of Nevis Affairs, Labour, Social Security and Ecclesiastical Affairs, Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Senator the Hon. Jennifer Baptiste-Primus, Minister, Ministry of Labour and Small Enterprise Development, Trinidad and Tobago
- Mr Wayne Chen, President of the Caribbean Employers’ Confederation (CEC)
- Mr Andre Lewis, President of the Caribbean Congress of Labour (CCL)
Date: Monday, 20 April 2020
Time: 11:00 am – 12:30 pm Eastern Caribbean Time