Feb. 28 — According to published reports, an early morning drive- By shooting in Lodge Village has resulted in one death and at least three injuries. This is 2010’s seventh recorded homicide. Coming off the Federation’s most murderous year in recent memory — 27 homicides in 2009 — 2010 began its homicide toll on the very first day. At about 6 a.m. January 1, 26-year-old Kittitian Keithon Stanley was shot to death at Craddock Road, Nevis and six days later on January 7, 23-year-old Kimoy Powell was gunned down at Crosses Alley at about 8:50 pm. The third murder occurred on St. Kitts on January 20th when Maxwell ‘Mad Max’ Chumney of West Street, Newtown was discovered shot to death in his yard. He was 32 years old. Nevis recorded its third shooting death for 2010, the fourth such incident for the Federation, when on Tuesday night, on Feb. 9, a Vincentian man – Wesley Trimmingham – was gunned down. Less than 72 hours after the year’s fourth homicide, another young man was gunned down on the morning of Friday, Feb. 12. Investigations revealed that Damian “Nashie” Isaac, who resided in Lime Kiln, had been shot to death in an alley joining Infirmary Road and Cardin Avenue. The sixth death occurred at about 10:40 p.m. on February 12 when police were conducting a routine vehicle Stop and Search operation in the Boyds/West Farm area. Officers told Nkoma Jacobs, the driver of motorcar PA-1157, to pull over for the vehicle to be searched for drugs and guns. “The driver of motor car PA-1157 who was approaching the checkpoint that was established was ordered to stop when police suspected him of having in his possession illegal drugs, arms and ammunition. He refused to stop and someone fired a single shot from the car as they drove past the checkpoint,” a police press release stated. It went on to say that a police officer “returned a single shot” and the car lost control and collided with a wall on the northern side of the road. Two other males exited the car and ran but were captured By the police following a short chase. Police say that was when it was realized that 29-year-old Jacobs had sustained an injury to his head the Monkey Hill resident was transported to the hospital where he succumbed to his injury a few hours later on Saturday morning. The full story will be carried in this Friday’s edition of The Observer.